Cleartext Enterprise Microblogging uses real time push messaging and live search with powerful aggregation and live stream filtering. Tweets from many different services as well as business systems like CRM and ERP push data into an activity stream on desktop, mobile or other end points for display in near real time.
IM and group chat are fine for small workgroups but chat rooms start to get unwieldily when large numbers of people join in. Public microblogging services, of which Twitter is the best known, manage to scale to many thousands of users.
Our enterprise microblogging add-on builds on group chat, think of it as like Twitter but for work use. It has the key features you'd expect;
- Follow and be followed, obviously!
- Public mentions using @ notation
- Direct private messages (which uses our IM)
- Re-tweets using the RT notation
- Link shortening via bit.ly, is.gd and ctr.im
- Character count, but no 140 character limit
- Real time search and discovery.
There are many collaboration platforms built with web technology, these use HTTP which is a polling or pull technology. At Cleartext we use XMPP a bi-directional push technology which delivers messages in close to real time. Services like Google Talk and Facebok Chat use XMPP.
Why is real time messaging important?
Real time messaging is important for organisations that need close to real time responses, such as some finance sectors like stock or commodities trading, emergency services and news organisations.
Our real time search and discovery feature allows users to setup search keywords and get copies of all tweets that have word matches in them. This means you can track people, clients, topics or unique data types without having to have everyone in your buddy list or be in a chat room.
What is an Activity Stream?
Activity Streams originated from the term lifestream, most people will be used to activity streams whilst using Facebook. We call our activity stream a 'Workstream' because it aggregates business messages and data from many sources. The graphic at the top of this page is a screen capture of our Workstream.
Cleartext Enterprise Microblogging is built on our core platform so benefits from our designed in security and compliance features.
- URL filtering to block phishing and malware links
- Image URL filtering to block inappropriate images
- SSL/TLS to ensure communications are encrypted and protected
- Content rules to block or drop sensitive content or profanities
- Message archiving to permanently record data transfer and conversations.
These features deliver business benefits over and above the collaborative features by ensuring your teams and business are protected against malware, identity theft and litigation.